Open Space -- Nothing New

Toke Paludan Møller - InterChange toke at interchange.dk
Sun Sep 10 11:45:42 PDT 2000

OH, THIS WONDERFUL PLACE OF NO PLACE
OF TIME STANDING STILL AND US MOVING WITH GRACE
- WHERE ACTION AND NON-ACTION DANCES IN UNSEEN SPACE

thanks for reviving  koans in my life

- toke

>A little something to tickle your reflection --
>
>Zhaozhou asked Nanquan, "What is the Way?"
>Nanquan said, "The normal mind in the Way."
>Zhaozhou asked, "Can it be approached deliberately?"
>Nanquan said, "If you try to aim for it, you thereby turn away from it."
>Zhaozhou said, "If one does not try, how can one know it is the Way?"
>Nanquan said, "The Way is not in the province of knowledge, yet not in the
>province of unknowing. Knowledge is false consciousness, unknowing is
>indifference. If you really arrive at the inimitable Way, it is like space,
>empty and open; how can you insist on affirmation and denial?"
>At these words Zhaozhou was suddenly enlightened.
>
>Translation by Thomas Cleary (Unlocking the Zen Koan)
>

>Harrison
>

>Harrison Owen
>7808 River Falls Drive
>Potomac, MD 20854 USA
>phone 301-469-9269
>fax 301-983-9314
>Summer Phone 207-763-3261
>Summer Address
>189 Beaucaire Ave.
>Camden, ME 04843
>website www.mindspring.com/~owenhh
>Open Space Institute website www.openspaceworld.org
>
>*
>*
>2.  Sign in and Proceed

What if  entering chaos is not be the end of my world.....?
- could it mean the end of an old world view and the beginning of the new one ?

Toke Paludan Møller       InterChange  Aps   - at the edge of nature
City office at  "DAYS like this" - Mejlgade 50, st., 8000 C Århus, Denmark
Ph and fax: +45 86 76 13 35.   Mobile  +45 2616 6919
email:  toke at interchange.dk        URL: http://www.interchange.dk

Home office at the lake - Stengaardsvej 5 A,   8600 Silkeborg, Denmark
Ph   +45 8684 6919   Fax +45 8684 6908