when a client hires Open Space ...

glory ressler on.the.edge at sympatico.ca
Mon Sep 11 16:54:19 PDT 2000

Hello all!
Birgitt wrote
> For me, whenever I do an OST meeting, I tell the story of what it is
with all of its ingredients when action planning and fine attention to
detail are needed. We might not do it that way at that meeting, because
the need is different. And I have a handout describing OST. I do this
because I want to promote OST in the world by sharing the whole recipe.

I think (and know from experiencing her training) that Birgitt offers a
conscientious and ethical approach to the whole recipe.  There is a bit
of a controversy in my neck of the woods regarding OST.  Many have
experienced, via local people not previously trained, a 'form' of OST
that did not always leave such a good taste in peoples' mouths.  I'm
fairly certain that some facilitators, even after training, will
continue to provide bits and pieces (not with mal-intent, perhaps out a
conscious decision or their own personal learning curve or even lack of
integration of deeper values inherent in OST).  I have been concerned
(read afraid) about these stories and, at times, have bit at the
temptation to clarify, influence, etc... We can never guarantee that the
receiver receives the message as intended > even in the Shamanic
tradition there are stories of an initiate who 'strays'.
FAITH, my friends is all we have (and open space :)).
respectfully,
Glory Ressler