Acknowledgement to OS Community, and a question

Larry Peterson lpasoc at inforamp.net
Mon Oct 30 12:54:29 PST 2000

Congrats Meg!

All three of your intuitions are right on as far as I'm concerned.  Doing
the reporting on the Net (Intra or Inter) is  agreat way to keep track of
the initiatives that have emerged.  I've had folks who asked for monthly
updates on initiatives by e-mail and then let everybody know.  Meeting on
strategic intent with the sponsors after they see what has emerged makes it
possible to clarify directions and when to Open the Space again.

A current client has used Open Space a number of times since the first
success.  One event did not produce the energy and momentum expected, but
the dead moose appeared.  That became a real opportunity to refocus and
clarify strategic intent.  Since then the senior team has been much more
effective.

This may be a real challenge to their management paradigms, so helping them
translate the experience at appropriate points can be useful as well.

Larry