OSonOS IX, Vancouver Canada, August 18-21, 2000

Chris Corrigan corcom at interchange.ubc.ca
Mon Oct 30 18:18:38 PST 2000

You have been asking about dates.  You wanted details.

Today, we are pleased to release both for the ninth annual Open Space on
Open Space conference, slated for Vancouver BC from August 18-21, 2001.
A reception will open the conference on the evening of August 18, and
the Open Space begins with a welcome from representatives of the
Musqueam Nation (upon whose traditional territory we will be meeting) on
August 19.  We will run two and a half days, wrapping up at noon on
August 21.

Details about the conference facility, and accommodations can be found
at http://www.geocities.com/chris_corrigan/osonos.html

The conference will be held in the beautiful Sty-Wet-Tan Great Hall at
the University of British Columbia's First Nations House of Learning.
The link above contains a link to a virtual reality tour of the
facility.

We endeavour to make this conference as accessable as possible. To that
end, we have reserved a block of dorm rooms at the Univeristy at a rate
of $22/night.  Details about how to book those rooms will appear soon.
There are more lavish accommodations on campus, ranging from dorm rooms
to full apartment suites, with nothing costing more than $170/night.
More accommodation details can be found on the conference home page.

Registration costs will be kept to a minimum.

Vancouver is easily accessable from North America and the Pacific Rim,
with direct flights to Japan, China, Taiwan, Malaysia, Australia,
Singapore, India and many other places.  There are six flights a day
through Los Angeles to Brazil.  Direct flights are available from
London, Frankfurt, Paris, Amsterdam, and other Eurpoean cities.

We have chosen the summer time to take advantage of the cheap
accommodation rates at the UBC and the availability of the conference
facility.  Also, the weather in Vancouver in August is usually
exceptional, while the weather in October can only be described as
typical for a rainforest that receives 30 feet of rain per year.

Please check the web page for more details.  Offers of help may be sent
to myself or Laurel Doersam (Laurel.Doersam at caphealth.org) by email.

We are not yet accepting registrations, nor is UBC set up at this time
for accommodation bookings.  More details will follow.

We're pretty excited here about the conference...we hope you will be
too.

Chris Corrigan and Laurel Doersam
OSonOS IX Conveners

--