Berlin Connection

Artur F. Silva artsilva at mail.eunet.pt
Thu Oct 26 16:08:28 PDT 2000

At 13:32 26-10-2000 -0700, Chris Corrigan wrote:
>Artur:

>I haven't got a clue how the demographics look, but one of the reasons I
>really wanted to bring next year's OSonOS to Vancouver is to support the
>emerging community of First Nations OST practitioners here.  As I have
>written before, OST is catching on within our communities here as a real
>way of doing business .  Many of these people who are interested in OS
>or who are beginning to use it as practitioners have very little
>resources to spend on travelling to other places let alone getting good
>quality training from people lke Birgitt and Harrison.  So I'm keen to
>bring OSonOS here to make available to people the opportunity of meeting
>folks from all over the world who are using OST.

Thanks for your mail, Chris. I understand your concern - you know from
previous
mails that I consider your experience very important and (with your permission)
I have redistributed one of your mails to a portuguese network. Indeed, your
concern is very similar to my own - only having different experiences in
mind...
I hope that after Vancover/Vitoria time will came to go south...

>The other reason I wanted to host OSonOS is to show people using OST
>around the world how we are using it, this indigenous technology, in
>indigenous communities.  There will be a First Nations component to the
>next OSonOS and opportunities for people to experience the land and
>communities around here from a First Nations perspective.
>
>Of course there are all kinds of other things that can happen, but that
>is my passion so I've offered to take responsibility for it.

When people follows their passions and take responsability, this is a very
good beginning ;-)

>By the way, I think your commitment is amazing, and I wish you luck with
>it...hopefully you can be here next year.

Thanks for the wishes. I am sure that myself or other representatives from
Europe (maybe from Africa too) will join.

Best Regards

Artur