Some fine questions out of a group in the Berlin autumn sun

Rhett Hudson/Chris Weaver rhett&chris at main.nc.us
Wed Oct 25 08:35:01 PDT 2000

Rainer,

You provide a beautiful description, and raise some profound questions.

In addition to the listserv, I invite you to post this offering at the
ongoing OSonOS online conference, "Berlin and Beyond."  Choose a topic title
(You may need to open more than one!) and create a new topic.  There are
currently 15 topics posted and activity at this site seems to be still
building.

http://www.openspaceworld.org/wwbbcgi/forumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&forum=O
SONOS8+--+BERLIN+AND+BEYOND&number=12

Warmly,
Chris Weaver

----------
> [...]

> about a dozen or 15 people, I remember Romy and Katrina, Kerry and Eddie and
> some more speaking, and the Wannsee waves sending some glittering reflexes of
> light through coloured leaves, creating an enchanting romantic mood...
> After some moments of talking together I started a little protocolling of
> expressions & thoughts, because the questions touched there seemed to be very
> interesting, probably not only to me.
> There seemed something to start cooking at lunchtime...
> And now - half a week later let me report my PERSONAL ECHOES of this little
> side-event:
>
> The law of two feet: Does it really permit so many moves and undecided changes
> of place or are there some limits passed, when the sound of walking in and out
> provokes the impression of being disrespectful against
> the serious exchange of practitioners?
>
> OS in context: The art of Large Groups - isn't it larger than Open Space and
is
> it ok to state this in a meeting like this, because many of us use varying
> sequences and changes of methodology in training and practice?
>
> Portions: Some planning and stucture must be, of cause, but aren't we cutting
it
> all into bits & pieces; who thinks and feels and really 'talks process', is
> there not a danger, that we all get lost in fragments?
>
> How can we deal with the contradictory conditions, that we search and expect
> exchange with and sharings from experienced practitioners but we invite
> everybody, also wannabes? Could differentiated levels of participation help?
>
> Isn't the mixture of newcomers and experienced ones a reason, that we even in
> such an explicitly NON-training event have to redundantly go through the
> elementary mechanics of process?
>
> How about offering OS format also on Friday and Sunday, is there any need of
> cutting 2 1/2 days short to one day of OS activities?
>
> How can our competitions and rivalries come to surface during such a family
> reunion, is there an ideological touch of peace and only including behaviour
or
> are there smart ways to say both:
> Yes, we are competitors AND we are going in the same direction?
>
> Couldn't there be an anxiety to sometimes LEAD something, to practice shared
> leadership?
>
> Is it allowed in the town of a famous fallen wall to divide or non-unite,
> establishing and desperately searching a good culture of boundaries in the
> service of our professional development?
>
> Isn't it normal to feel ambiguity in a one-man-band?
>
> <excuse me please, if all this has been said during the talking stick
ceremony,
> unfortunately I had to leave before that...>
>
> Hope this helps in further discussions!
>
> Rainer
>

> Rainer Bosselmann, M.D. & Projekt-Partner
> Psychodrama & Soziometrie, Coaching & Großgruppen
> 49-641-47646(Tel) -48498(Fax or 4000740/49(Child Guidance)

2.  Sign in and Proceed