pre-discussions for OSONOS

Birgitt Williams birgitt at mindspring.com
Tue Oct 17 20:08:45 PDT 2000

Greetings friends and colleagues in Open Space Technology,
We are getting ready to go to Berlin for this year's Open Space on Open
Space. I am having a struggle with thinking about all of my colleagues who
are not going to be at the event. I am having a struggle with the principle
"whoever comes are the right people". I agree that all the people who will
be there are the right people. Some might say that those who are not there
are not there by choice. And so the principle holds. I am not so sure about
this. For years I was a single mom with four young ones to finance on my
own, house and feed. Many events took place that I just could not afford to
go to, despite great inner pain when I could not. Did I have choice? My
choice was about food/shelter/responsibility to children. Was this a choice?
Really? Did I feel good if I heard "whoever comes are the right people"? I
think there are many among my colleagues for whom there is not really
choice. I believe that I am part of an elite group who could find the
financing by July for this event now. I share with you my thoughts about
this and my struggle with "whoever comes are the right people". Is it really
true?

And so what I do now is to open the discussion via e-mail asking that if any
of you have any topics that you would like to send along by e-mail to be
included, I would happily print them for you and post them on the newswall
at osonos. I suspect there will also be an effort made by the good folks who
organized this year's event to link on-line during the event. I am not sure
if I saw a note about that or not.

Blessings,
Birgitt

Birgitt Williams of Dalar International
For your ongoing professional development join us in Sweden or in North
Carolina, USA in November for the Advanced Program in Open Space Technology
focusing on the Open Space Organization! This is also credited as Session
Four of our Genuine Contact Program.

Upcoming training dates for the four basic components of our Genuine Contact
Program (more info www.openspacetechnology.com)
#1: Open Space Technology: Sweden Nov 12-15; Ontario Nov 21-24
#2: Process Facilitation: North Carolina Mar 5,6; British Columbia Mar 18,
19; Ontario April 23,24
#3: Cross Cultural Conflict Resolution: North Carolina Mar 7,8; British
Columbia Mar 16,17; Ontario April 19,20
#4: Advanced Program in Open Space Technology focusing on the Open Space
Columbia Feb 2,3,4