open space-Training Hungary Day 1

Michael M Pannwitz mmpanne at snafu.de
Thu Nov 30 05:53:49 PST 2000

Dear Diane
in the meantime we have recorded the structure for finding the theme
that you are interested in.
Presently, the participants are in the midst of os1 and from all we
can gather the process we had yesterday assisted in creating the
conditions for intensive learning and fun.
The report is copied into the body of this message and also attached
as a world file.
Greetings from Hungary
michael, jo and felicia

PS: Here is one more feedback from last night that Felicia found
especially interesting:
"Several times I was frustrated in this process: first, I discovered
that there was no theme; second, I managed to find my own theme but
then I had to discuss it with five other participants to give it up
to find a new theme and, third, more frustration, I had to give this
one up for the theme selected by the whole group...now I can live
with it but am sure I will work on my original theme tomorrow!"

Tuesday, November 28, 2000

Participants arrive during the day
Coffee, tea, water, juice, vegetable sticks, dips and fruit availabe
from 4 pm
40 chairs in a half circle facing a large wall (which will later be
used as the bulletin board)
Official start at 5:00 pm

Design

5:10 pm Opening of the os-Training Csaba from OD PARTNER
5:15 pm Overall design of the os-Training Jo/Trainer
5:22 pm Finding the Theme for os1 Michael/Trainer
What do you want to work on tomorrow with this group? Overview of the
process for the evening and asking for the groups agreement 5 minutes
1. Individually: Find your theme 4 minutes
2. Trios: Clarify your theme with the help of the other two in the
trio 15 minutes
3. Plenary: Announce your Theme 15 seconds for each participant
4. Plenary: Form Small Learning Groups (SLeaGs) of 5 participants
each (this was done using a procedure resulting in random
groups.these groups are also part of the training as a temporary
Learning Organisation and can convene themselves whenever needed) 8
minutes
5. SLeaGs: Arrive at a Theme for os1, write it on a poster 15 minutes
6. Plenary: Seven SLeaGs publish their Themes, weighing by all
participants with 3 sticky dots for each participant 15 minutes
7. Plenary: Decide on the Theme for os1 (this was done as a stand-up
party in front of the wall with the 7 different themes posted) 20
minutes
8. Plenary: Identify the sponsor (there were 7 who wanted to take the
role of sponsor, it was agreed to meet with this group at 9 pm. One
sponsor was found in that process in a session lasting 30 minutes) 3
minutes

6:55pm Closing Session Felicia
How did I experience the process?
How do I feel about the result?

7:25 pm Dinner

In the evening, time for SLeaGs

9:00 pm Group of potential sponsors meet and agree on one 30 minutes

(The Theme for os1 is How will we create and sustain a healthy
communitythe original 7 themes were: The challenge of OD today and
tomorrow/Create Synergy-working effective together with passion/How
to develop individuals and organisations/How is a healthy community
created and sustained?/How to overcome difficult situations when
there is tension between the leader and the group(by tools of
communication)/How to realize, implement the results of os?/What is
the workplace for an organizational member?)

--Original Message Text---

Michael,
For those of us who were not in Berlin or Moscow, how was this "2
hours of highly
structured?

Diane

Michael M Pannwitz
Draisweg 1
12209 Berlin, Germany
FON +49 - 30-772 8000     FAX +49 - 30-773 92 464
www.michaelMpannwitz.de

To subscribe to the oslist, send the following message (and nothing bu
t the message):
"SUBSCRIBE OSLIST" to listserv at listserv.boisestate.edu
SUBJECT field should be left BLANK