A new Gate Way? and Spiral Dynamics

Meg Salter meg.salter at sympatico.ca
Wed Nov 15 07:28:54 PST 2000

I love that - the "King of Orange" reaches new perspectives (green) through
ailing babies and hungry mothers!

Re the use of OST and the spiral - I remember Larry Petersen had some
interesting perspectives to share on this list a few months ago. As I
recall, the gist of it was that a predominantly red or blue group might
temporarily move to green + during the OST session, but could revert to
their original state after (the example used was, I believe, a church
governing body). As a facilitator in this kind of situation, I think that
the critical role here is working with the leader(s) to clearly define the
givens, and the post OST action path. This helps ensure that whatever space
is opened is truly authentic, and offers the possibility that all/some of
this opening can be maintanied. But it is truly not up to us to determine
whether or how much a group should open - that is up to them (whatever
happens is the right thing). Here, OST is not just a state of being, but a
transition gateway (pardon the pun!!) between different states of being.

Thanks for the reference to the Spiral Dynamics site!!