detachment

Jeff Aitken ja at svn.net
Tue Nov 7 09:12:52 PST 2000

Birgitt and Joelle, when I asked Angeles the same question, she said that
the law of two feet enables us to speak our truth without blame or
judgement. Here's how I posted (in the online osonos) my understanding of
how Angeles' wayfinding narrative seems to work in open space:

We show up in the circle, called by a story whose latest chapter is coming
to a close, whose next chapter waits to be created.

We pay attention to what has heart and meaning to each of us; put a short
title on the wall, and sign our names where we feel drawn.

We speak our truths without blame or judgement, following our nose and
belly into strange attractors of conversation or silence which arise in the
fertile chaos.

We are open, not attached, to outcome: whoever comes; it starts and ends;
whatever happens; we let it go.

We return from our wayfinding journeys back to the circle; we give away our
gifts; we create together a fresh chapter in the story; or perhaps the
story has completed; and we go on our way.

Jeff