Living in ecological, peaceful, exploitation free Comunities

Fritz Walter walter.berlin at snafu.de
Sun Nov 5 12:27:05 PST 2000

Hi there,

there is a small village in Brandenburg called Wulkow, there vision, mission
and targets are ecological - from the kids to the mayor.

There close to the Polnish border, north of Frankfurt/Oder. While the
unemployement rate in Brandenburg is about 18 % and even more, Wulkow has
only about 5 % (as far as I remember).

The following I've been told some years ago:
Before the reunion they were forced by the former DDR regime to move from
that place called Wulkow, but the people refused. Either before or after the
reunion they put their focus on 100 % ecological farming, reconstruction,
food etc.

If you want to know more about them, I can try to find out, whether they
have a webpage or brochure, which gives more information.

warmest regards,
Fritz Walter, Berlin