large open space

Jeff Aitken ja at svn.net
Wed Nov 29 20:37:43 PST 2000

Harrison wrote: "I think it safe to extrapolate from that experience (850)
to a much larger group (1500) -- and say that the power of
self-organization amongst Homo sapiens is every bit up to the task."

Harrison, I participated in a couple hundred Grateful Dead concerts over
fifteen years, and my love for open space process grows in the same corner
of the garden as my love for Dead shows.

We found that ten thousand Homo sapiens can regularly self organize into
long strange trips in which the law of two feet is deeply honored and
whatever happens is definitely the only thing that could have. Bill Graham,
the famous concert promoter from San Francisco, said, "It's the music that
plays the band" rather than the other way around.

So I suggest for open space process: "It's the spirit that moves the feet."

-
Jeff Aitken
Inverness Ridge, CA USA
415.669.1924