OS for "bad" purposes

Peggy Holman pholman at msn.com
Tue Nov 28 12:25:56 PST 2000

Harrison did a talk this morning at an Executive Leadership Program alumnus breakfast at Seattle University.  This is a very traditional (actually a Jesuit) school and most of the attendees were new to OS.  One person asked a question that really intrigued me, so I thought I'd bring it here.

What would be the implications of convening an OS for purposes generally considered to be for the ill of the community?  For example, what if a street gang convened an OS on on doing a better job of taking over a neighborhood?

Would it still lead to the best of the human spirit emerging, as I always experience in OS?

Peggy