communicating

Judi Richardson Richarjl at akerley.nscc.ns.ca
Tue Nov 28 10:48:28 PST 2000

Through all the discussions on language and its diversity, this arrived........ thought I'd share it.

                 No Wonder English Is Hard To Learn

Here are some examples that might explain why English is considered one of
the most difficult languages to learn:

1. The bandage was wound around the wound.

2. The farm was used to produce produce.

3. They could lead if they would get the lead out.

4. When shot at the dove dove into the bushes.

5. Since there is no time like the present, they thought it was time to
present the present.

6. The buck does funny things when the does are present.

7. Upon seeing the tear in the painting, I shed a tear.

€ Judith Richardson
B.A., B.Ed., C.N.E.
M.A. Candidate
Paralegal Studies