Languages at the OS site

Artur F. Silva artsilva at mail.eunet.pt
Sat Nov 18 07:30:10 PST 2000

Hello Ingrid and all:

At 15:08 17-11-2000 +0100, Ingrid Olausson wrote:

>I have worked for many years as a journalist writing about OD. My passion
>is to always try to find adequate swedish words and expressions. I have
>put a lot of effort in describing Open Space in "pure" Swedish.
>Ingrid

I think that after OSonOS in Berlim (the first out of North America) and
considering
the fact that OS is becoming more and more a multi-lingual way, we must change
the open space site (at www.openspaceworld.org) to fulfil its aim of being an
"Open Space WORLD", by including more languages in the site.

We could think about translating the all site to 4 or 5 languages, but
I think that would be impossible and would not solve the problems.

My opinion, is that we must translate Michael Herman's Introduction to
the site (a brilliant Introduction by the way, in only a few pages) to EVERY
language that we can!

For my part, I sent yesterday to Michael a Portuguese version, and
I will make soon a French translation (that will afterwards need revision
by a native of the language) and will arrange for a Spanish translation
to be done.

I would suggest that each of you think about the possibility
of translating it to your language, from a Swedish version, to
an Haitian Creole and even (why not?) an "European English"
version (see my other mail with a joke that also refers to this...)

Warm regards

Artur