Feelings and Thoughts on OSonOS: dialogue or lack of it in the small groups

Hape Etzold Hp.Etzold at t-online.de
Sun Nov 5 07:32:48 PST 2000

Hello my friends,

Thanks Francis, John and Agneta for your precious comments on the OSonOS.
Your voices make it much easier for me to share my thoughts and feelings,
which I preferred to keep to myself until now.

I want to come back to the core of your messages: dialogue or lack of it in
the small groups. Sometimes I got the impression that these were just other
boring everyday meetings: a few persons talking/ preaching, the rest quiet
and passive - the great exception of course: Leaving is much easier.
You have already mentioned a few reasons for this state of affairs: too much
reliance on the "blabla" instead of visualization, the overuse of talking
instead of asking/ listening, maybe also: domination, lack of trust ...
Let´s talk about the future: John, you mention the methods of
www.touchstone.org . Do you mean the small group should play theatre and
wrap their message in scenic action? I am sure this will pump a lot of
energy into the group. What are your experiences from Haiti? I am also sure
there are many other tools around, which fit into the macordesign Open
Space. My conclusion: in Vancouver I will not suggest just another topic,
but another method for getting the group into dialogue and interaction-mode.

Michael and the organizers have made a tremendous effort and effect. I
appreciated it very much and found it very comfortable. I felt the
organizers also very responsive to the articulated needs of the group. Thank
you. Anyway: More creative chaos next time - I am looking forward to it.

Thanks for the taking the time to read this and have a good day

Hape

Hape Etzold
Combrains Idea-Conferencing
Tel +49 30.771 21 50
www.combrains.de

"schnelle Ergebnisse, neue Lösungen und hohe Akzeptanz mit interaktiven
Meetings"