The particaption of youth in Open Space

Rita Schweitz ChangeWork at aol.com
Tue May 23 11:43:45 PDT 2000

I suggest that some special attention be given to the youth before the event. Explain the process to them and elicit questions, concerns, etc. to alleviate their apprehension. Emphasize to them that their voice is important and encourage them to participate at their comfort level. Checking in with them and encouraging them individually during breaks would also be a good idea.

I wouldn't do anything different during the OS except to be sure to acknowledge them quickly when they have something to contribute.

I wish there were more than 3 youths attending and would try to make that happen, even at this late date.

Good luck,

Rita Schweitz