OS in community planning?

Eddie Palmer EEddiepalmer at cs.com
Fri May 19 10:51:08 PDT 2000

Hi!

Yes! We've now had 2-3 years of experience of using Open Space in Scotland
for local Agenda 21, Commmunity Planning ( the formal sort, as in U.K. ) and
decentralisation policy, plus recently ( also U.K.), Best Value issues. I'm
responding quickly, as I'm just back after a week away. Look at our website
for some details ( www. openfutures.com), and come back and ask any questions.
Scotland is at a very exciting stage with its new Parliament, and we hope to
announce some exciting news soon - people are  becoming very disenchanted
with theo ld ways, and the use of the usual suspects, and we have a chnace
here of opening up new paradigms.
There's a lot to say, but briefly, we have banged our heads on brick walls
for some time, but had the good fortune for some politicians to have faith in
us. some at least are now ready to realy face and engage with ordinary people,

All the best for now,

Eddie Palmer
Open Futures Ltd
EDINBURGH