The particaption of youth in Open Space

Ric Giardina ric at spiritemployed.com
Tue May 23 06:27:56 PDT 2000

Andrew Donovan wrote:

>  The focus is on literacy and young people. Several young people will be
> attending (say 2-3).
>
> A member of the leadership team hosting the open space is very concerned
> that the process/the facilitator ensure that the voice of the young people
> is heard.

Dear Andrew,

Faced with a similar situation, I remember that Open Space runs on passion
bounded by responsibility.  Unless the OS organizers purposely chose
"wallflower" kids (are there any left on the planet?), you are not likely to
find anyone with more passion than the young people.  I'd say, trust the
process, trust the young folks, trust the adults.

Ric Giardina
--
What If Work Actually Got Easier?