Opening Space for a A Civil Conversation

rnorris at digital.net rnorris at digital.net
Thu Mar 23 22:33:44 PST 2000

Harrison,

At 02:14 PM 3/22/00 -0500, you wrote:
>Blaming politicians, lobbyists and Special Interest Groups for the insanity
> that seems to have overwhelmed us is comforting, but not very useful. They
> are only doing their jobs. We, on the other hand, have seemingly forgotten
> our job -- which is to engage in Civil Conversation as the essential first
> "") process. So how about Opening Space for  250 million people? A little
>grandiose perhaps, but quite do-able, I think.

Sounds like a next logical step in expanding the Space America's founding
fathers and mothers Opened centuries ago.  I guess most Americans do not
name OS the same way Open Spacers do...for lack of a mental model to frame
Open Space's presence?

Thanks to the Internet it is probably the right time in human history to
take that step.  As Truet Anderson stated..."We are, for the first time in
human history beginning to live in the Whole World".

As for being grandiose...I tend to think that although it sounds boldly
huge, the internet makes it simpler than it sounds. I often think one of
the charms of a Chaordic Org (Internet being one I believe) is the release
of simplicity out of complexity.  The fast expanding and complex of
electronic infrastructure is in place and building up a full head of steam,
the rest should be simple if the Internet operates "simply" as proclaimed.
A great way, to capitalize on the internet's potential in the "whole
world"!  or said differently....Opening Space and Fractaling OST via the WWW.

Rich Norris
Richard Norris
(407)779-0531
<rnorris at digital.net>