Open Space 2000: An Operating System

Murli Nagasundaram rismurli at cobfac.boisestate.edu
Wed Mar 22 15:48:10 PST 2000

At 15:17 22-03-2000 -0500, Harrison Owen wrote:

At 06:35 PM 3/20/00 +1000, you wrote:
 >Dear Friends
 >
 >At a recent lunch with an OS colleague (with suitable liquid encoragement -
 >perhaps a little more than two martinis!) I described OS as an operating
 >system (like Microsoft Windows 98) in contrast to other useful techniques
 >(eg De Bono, scenario planning and the like) as high powered, focused
 >applications (like MS Word).
************************************
Given the crashing nature of win98 -- I am a little nervous with the analog.
But the idea is a good one.

An Operating System as an analog for OS sounds great. But I would suggest
that we choose LINUX (the open and free Opsys for PCs) and not MS Windows,
which is proprietary and not very cheap. Apart from the bugs...

BTW, OS (that later become MVS) was, in the 60's, the name of the operation
system for IBM 360/370. And OS/2 the opsys for PCs from IBM (a looser
competitor
to Windows).

Regards

Artur