2 hour OS?

Murli Nagasundaram rismurli at cobfac.boisestate.edu
Fri Mar 17 12:14:31 PST 2000

Hi Don.

Yes, sounds like mission impossible but I'd say definitely think about it.

A couple of weeks ago I was involved in three discrete Open Spaces at a
big health service conference, each lasting 60 minutes. All three of
them went just fine.

Timings:

5 mins: Welcome and briefing

5 mins: Convenors wrote session title on big sheet of paper and made
very brief announcement. Each of the three Open Spaces produced six
sessions, despite total numbers varying from 35 to 70 people.

5 mins: Convenors hold up their papers, people gather round their chosen
convenors then move chairs into small circles. (Yes, we did the whole
thing in one big exhibition hall)

40 mins: Open Space (announcement to start wrapping up after 35 mins)

5 mins: Go round with microphone to get very brief reports and feedback.

Total: 60 minutes.

During the 40 minutes of Open Space the groups created handwritten
reports and 'three key messages' sheets.

Fortunately the whole thing was done in English.

Hope this helps. Send me an email if you need more info.

Warm wishes,

Martin Leith

*******

Martin Leith