Diversity and disability in Open Space

OLSON,LINDA (A-SantaClara,ex1) lolson at agilent.com
Wed Mar 8 10:45:24 PST 2000

Hello to everyone that I haven't talked to in a long, long while...

I will be facilitating a day and 1/2 open space meeting in a few weeks.  The
theme of the meeting is to ID design criteria for their overall
organization.  (the organization was split in half from HP to form Agilent
(using a clone and go approach).  Now, they need to create an organization
that will serve their customers effectively and efficiently.  The design
team will use the info that gets generated from the meeting (the meeting
includes employees from the IT organization and internal customers, approx
60 people) in their meeting the following afternoon.  So what I'm wondering
is what have you found that works from a process stand point?...to get the
reports done in one day, book printed in the evening, book distributed in
am, and have all the participants ID the 1,2,3 design criteria that's most
important to each individual.

How have folks done the ID process (voting, etc)and what would work with 60
plus people?
I'm thinking there may be time after the ID for people to again
self-organize into the groups they choose and have further discussion around
the topics?

I'd love to hear ideas about how to approach this.

Thanks in advance for you help!

Linda Olson