Miscellaneous replies to the most recent digest....

Kimble/Zetty gkmz at onr.com
Sat Mar 18 08:38:17 PST 2000

I've included below a few miscellaneous replies
to the most recent digest....

Larry Peterson wrote:
>In October I had the opportunity to work with Innuit Community Justice
>leaders in Baker Lake in Open Space.  I used one of the pink rocks that are
>common to Baker Lake and give the snow a pink colour at times.  There were
>some amazing stories told about the rock in the 2.5 hour closing as well as
>the issues related to community justice diversions, spousal abuse and the
>RCMP.
>
>I have have all but completed an article about the experience.
        Larry, please tell us when/where you post this article
        once it's written/published, ok?  I, for one, am very
        interested.

                        .o00o.

Don Ferretti wrote:
>Maybe someone in our cool little list community here
>can help me feel better about accepting an invitation
>to open space for two hours.

Short answer to your question about short OS sessions?
They work.

Our experience is you really *can* trust the process --
under almost any circumstances. We have several successful
examples of short OS gatherings (if you're interested,
give me a call 210-561-6945), including several one-time
events and an on-going series of OS sessions which my
son has initiated on his university campus.  The group
meets every month, for two hours in OS, and the process
has been an unqualified success. In fact, the process
is starting now to get the attention of the faculty
and staff....

                        .o00o.

Jeff Aitken wrote:
>Harrison wrote: I suppose you could think of the moment before the Big Bang
>as the primal Open Space...
>
>Harrison, I always appreciated your "Old Testament" background. The Hebrew
>creation story says that G-d is the first open space facilitator. There was
>only G-d, but in order for the universe to be created, G-d needed to
>withdraw just a touch so that an open space would be created into which the
>universe would take place.
>
>"Before a universe could be created, empty space had to exist in which it
>could be made. But initially, only G-d existed, and all existence was
>filled with the Divine Essence. It was out of this undifferentiated Essence
>that a Vacated space had to be engraved.
        Thank you so much, Jeff, for sharing this rich
        and wonderful post!  What a gift.....

        The student group I mentioned above, is actually
        "Students for Spiritual Understanding" and one
        of the active faculty professors is the teacher
        of Jewish traditions.  Would you have any objections
        to my sharing the complete version of your post
        with the listserv for the SSU group?  I'm sure many
        of the participants would enjoy this valuable food
        for thought.....

                        .o00o.

Peg Holman wrote:
>If the cascade is characterized by the triangle, high participation is
>characterized by a circle.
        Thanks, Peg, for sharing this perspective.
        We've used the triangle/circle analogy for
        several years now, and I appreciate having
        this additional articulation to reflect upon.....

Metta Zetty
Kimble/Zetty: Facilitating Collaboration
http://awakening.net/KZ.html