Switching to egroups

Francoise Coupal, Mosaic.net International coupal at mosaic-net-intl.ca
Thu Jun 22 12:36:07 PDT 2000

I really like this suggestion about polling.  I just joined the list serve and
I must say I feel a bit overwhelmed as does my in-box with all these emails.
There must be a better way to get feedback without tying up everyone's email
system.  Francoise

At 14:34 22/06/2000 -0400, you wrote:

> At the risk of delaying a decision further, may I also suggest to Murli that,
> to get a broader sense of people's opinions on this question, you make use of
> the polling feature on eGroups?
>
> You could set up a poll that asks people a yes/no question about switching
> (more options if you wish).  This generates an email to everyone who is
> currently signed up with the OSLIST on eGroups and asks them to go to the
> OSLIST/eGroups website (a link is provided in the email) to choose their
> option.  Unlike regular postings, people's votes are not broadcast to
> everyone, though the overall results are visible on the website even while
> the poll is still open for further voting.  You can choose how long you want
> to leave the poll open, then take the results as input to the decision.
>
> While this method would not get input from those not on eGroups, it would get
> opinions from those who have seen both forms of the list.  And it would have
> the side benefit of exposing those on the new system to one of its additional
> capabilities -- this could generate ideas for more creative uses of this
> capability, but that's another tangent!
>
> Patrick McAuley
>
> PTM Consulting                   Tel:  (519) 827-9396
> 20 Magnolia Lane                Fax:  (519) 827-0956
> Guelph, ON  N1G 4X7
> <mailto:patrick.mcauley at sympatico.ca>patrick.mcauley at sympatico.ca
> Canada

Francoise Coupal
Mosaic.net International, Inc.
705 Roosevelt Ave.
Ottawa, Canada K2A 2A8
Tel:  (613) 728-1439; Fax:  (613) 728-1154.
Visit us on the World Wide Web at: http://www.mosaic-net-intl.ca