Raising Awareness of OS

Michael Herman mherman at globalchicago.net
Thu Jun 22 06:49:54 PDT 2000

kerry napuk wrote:

> Hello Jay
>
> Press kit is good idea but will one size fit all?
>
> Suggest the following be considered:
>
> 1. Create a generic press release which can be modified locally and
> down loaded from a website.  Can you capture the essence of OST in
> one page?

one version of this one-pager already exists for a year now,
at http://www.openspacesworld.org/openspace.html

> 2. Provide press articles by sector: corporate, public and voluntary.
> Our biggest problem is getting through to corporates.

the address above contains text that is appropriate for a
corporate audience, also a number of people have used the
longer 'guided tour' article at http://www.openspaceworld.org/stories/guidedtour.html

> 3. List one website as a refernce point, e.g. we use ours to explain
> the five large group processes we faciltiate.

http://www.openspaceworld.org has been built to be just this
kind of portal AND...

> 6. It really would be good if any facilitator could post press
> coverage on the website for others to use.  Would this be possible?
> For example, we have had three articles published on OST events.

everyone with access to the web is already and has been for
one year able to post almost anything they think would be
useful to others, practitioners old and brand new, at the
website.  the site is totally open.  it's only bounded by
responsibility.  if you have published three articles,
kerry, and i assume they're also posted on your website,
then you can post links and descriptions to them at the
openspaceworld.org site.  also, any stories, long or short
can be posted in sections dedicated to all kinds of
different corporate and other kinds of settings.  i do
believe that we have much of the technology that we're
talking about, what we need is to put some more topics up on
the cyber wall, i think.  http://www.openspaceworld.org is
not mine, it is ours.  what do you want to post there?

michael

--

Michael Herman
...inviting results in evolving organizations

Michael Herman Associates
300 West North Avenue #1105
Chicago IL 60610
312-280-7838 voice/fax