Raising Awareness of OS

kerry napuk k at napuk.demon.co.uk
Thu Jun 22 04:06:10 PDT 2000

Hello Jay

Press kit is good idea but will one size fit all?

Suggest the following be considered:

1. Create a generic press release which can be modified locally and
down loaded from a website.  Can you capture the essence of OST in
one page?

2. Provide press articles by sector: corporate, public and voluntary.
Our biggest problem is getting through to corporates.

3. List one website as a refernce point, e.g. we use ours to explain
the five large group processes we faciltiate.

4. List videos on actual events which are available, i.e. we have a
nine minute video done by a public sector client and a three hour
record of the event from seven hours of shooting time.  We will bring
them to Berlin.

5. We ask sponsors to invite the press but insist, if they come, that
they fully participate.  If they intend to use any output from a
break out session, we ask that they obtain the consent of the
participants.

6. It really would be good if any facilitator could post press
coverage on the website for others to use.  Would this be possible?
For example, we have had three articles published on OST events.

7. Maybe it would be a good idea if Michael Pannwitz could hold a
press conference on OST at the Berlin Conference.  Perhaps he could
invite some press people to participate or even some 'crats from the
European Community.

Cheers

Kerry