Switching services

Harrison Owen owenhh at mindspring.com
Fri Jun 16 03:39:23 PDT 2000

At 12:18 AM 6/16/00 -0700, Chris C. wrote:
>Let me clarify my point a little...
>
>I like TMN, and I think that it would be a great addition to the resources
>that
>are out there.  I'll use it.
>
>I also like the Listserv, and I would hate to see it replaced.  It's my bread
>and butter for OS discussion.

*******************************
Ah -- I think sweet reason is coming through... No point in haveing half a
cake when you can have two cakes, I always say.

So how about this as an idea. I am going to open an additional space
(metaNet). Anybody who cares to join me there for whatever amount of time
will be welcome. And I will also take personal responsibility for reporting
occasionally what is transpiring there in back here on the Listserve -- or
the egroup if we happen to go that way. If you see something you like --
come on over.

My only residual concern is that apparently some people may not have access
to the web? I guess i would assume that anybody with email capacity also
has web capacity. There was a time back in the days of the dinosaurs when
this was not true -- but in terms of all the available software I know, if
you got one, you got the other.

Anyhow, I am off to Maine, boat in tow -- and I'll be chatting to you from
Down East.

And Chris W. --- Thank you for the poem. Makes the day a brighter experience.

Harrison

Harrison Owen
7808 River Falls Drive
Potomac, MD 20854