More choices -- An Alternate Electronic Space

Jan Nickerson JaNickrson at aol.com
Thu Jun 15 08:43:42 PDT 2000

In a message dated 06/15/2000 10:26:54 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
jimbo at wfc.com.tw writes:

<< The connection is often so SLOOOOOOOOOW, that
 I don't think I would read much on the web....
 I vote for a system that allows email based communication. >>

I agree with going with a system that allows email based communication -
which is exactly what egroups is.  It would be seamless to all us email users.
The only difference is that egroups stores all the messages on line, so if
you've deleted one and want to read it again, no problem, just go to the
website.
AND there are additional features offered there - like sharing links, sharing
documents, sharing calendar events of mutual interest - but there's nothing
saying you HAVE to use the website.  It's just also available, for those
members who would like to.

I'm new to this group, but I've used listserv in a dozen groups, and I'm also
on a dozen egroups.  And imo egroups has it all over listserv.

Remember, there's no downside to egroups - just upsides.  imo.

Collaboratively,

Jan

To create better health in a living system, connect it to more of itself.
Meg Wheatley