Switching to egroups

Peggy Holman pholman at msn.com
Thu Jun 22 10:52:48 PDT 2000

Murli,

While this is going to the list, I address this request to you as the person
who started us on this experiment in decision making.  (As an aside, I think
it's been instructive to observe our process on making a collective
decision.  There's been a great exchange of information, several experiments
initiated.  That's been wonderful.)  I think we are ready for a decision on
listserv or egroups.

So here's my "2 cents worth" delivered as a request to you, Murli.  The
latest cries of "I'm confused" lead me to think we would be best served by
someone knowledgeable making a decision on the list's behalf.  Since you've
been willing to invest the energy into this, I think you're the right person
to do it.  The choice of egroups or listserv is a technical one.  Those with
expertise have given you their opinions.  The only negative I heard for
egroups was customer support.  In all other ways egroups sounds superior.

I suggest you make a call on which way to go.  If you are satisfied that
support won't be an issue, then take the 3 or 4 days to move everyone over
to egroups and put out instructions, just as you did when we switched
listservs in 1998, that tells people the new e-mail address.

As I mentioned, OSI(US) can pay to make the site ad free.  Just send me the
details.

So, there you have it.  I think the information to enable action is in.
Would you be willing to take the lead on bringing this to closure?

Thanks,
Peggy