OS in moscou

Jeff Aitken ja at svn.net
Sat Jun 3 09:22:13 PDT 2000

Jo and Michael wrote:

"they felt a surge of energy as
they touched the talking stick: a piece of wood that Michael's daughther
had brought from lake Baikal. One of the participants from the lake Baikal
region expressed her hope, that open space would contribute to strengthen
the forces engaged in saving the lake. This lake contains 20 percent of all
the freshwater on our planet. It is central to all of life."

There is a project involved in saving Lake Baikal based at the Earth Island
Institute in San Francisco. I met its director awhile ago. Their
information is at www.earthisland.org. The indigenous people of the Lake
Baikal area are bringing their 5000 year old traditions to bear on the work
for renewed balance with the lake.

Thanks for the inspiring stories!

Jeff

-