SV: Preparation of stakeholders

Thomas Herrmann thomas.herrmann at telia.com
Thu Jun 8 09:35:15 PDT 2000

Hi Michael!
Thanks for your thoughts. How will we...is quite a difference. A little more
background on one of the conferences: The conference last from lunch to
lunch. The theme is something like: Issues & opportunities for employers in
X-region to find workers / as well as - jobseekers to find employment. There
are about 10 partners in the arrangement: local authorities,
"housing-companies" and "employer-organizations". The invitation will be to
these parties as well as unemployed persons in this suburb. In total about
200 persons. What I mean by preparing support is that some of the issues
will demand resources to accomplish and the stakeholders shall be prepared
to take this responsibility. I think that this will be easier if they have
had a chance to think it over before the actual os. This is not to say that
they will also do the job since we do have these committed conveners.
I will work harder to make clear that this preparation is very important to
the outcome and see if they are willing to invest more time. Maybe they are
afraid of "free time" (thanks, Ralph)
Greetings Thomas

M Pannwitz wrote:

Hi Thomas,
if it is the intention of the companies/organisations to support
processes after a 1 day conference the title might be "How will
we..." rather than "How can we....".
What format is chosen for the 1 day conference? It sounds as if it is
not os. If it were, the support question would be dealt with
simultaneously.
Perhaps the issue of why so little time for the process question
should be raised, where is the energy, passion, responsibility?
Take care
michael

On Wed, 7 Jun 2000 23:32:01 +0200, Thomas Herrmann wrote:

>Hi list-friends
>I have been thinking about how to prepare stakeholders to support processes
>after a 1 day conference where the participant come from various
>companies/organizations. So far I have two coming up this autumn. Many
>stakeholders (organizations)are involved. This is where I ended up since
the
>time for these meetings are limited:
>Background and a dialogue concerning what subjects could be raised at the
>conference.
>Mini-Open-Space on "How can we support the processes after the conference".
>40 min intro etc. Two 30 min workshops and 30 min for closing. Probably the
>groups will consist of about 10-15 people.
>Any experiences or comments appreciated!
>Greetings Thomas

Michael M Pannwitz
Draisweg 1
12209 Berlin, Germany
FON +49 - 30-772 8000     FAX +49 - 30-773 92 464
www.michaelMpannwitz.de

To subscribe to the oslist, send the following message (and nothing but the
message):
"SUBSCRIBE OSLIST" to listserv at listserv.boisestate.edu
SUBJECT field should be left BLANK