Idea

Harrison Owen owenhh at mindspring.com
Thu Jul 13 05:29:28 PDT 2000

At 11:03 AM 7/11/00 -0400, you wrote:
>the idea of offering an open space to individuals, namely teachers, as a
>way of allowing them to come together to support each other and to allow
>Spirit to work through individuals in many school systems.  Schools are
>very focused on Proficiency tests here in Ohio and are very conservative
>my nature.  I thought if I could reach and support those who are yearning
>for something more meaningful, it would be a good entry point.  Also, I
>am much more comfortable working with individuals than organizations,
>having been a psychotherapist for 15 years.

****************************
Kathleen -- I think this is a wonderful idea! And of course it will "work
in Open Space."  Space is first opened by somebody's passion, which may or
may not attract the passion of others. In this case, I can't help but feel
you have hit a real power point -- having nothing to do with presentations.
For some years I have tried in various ways to bring folks together in Open
Space around education. Never seemed to catch fire. I guess my passion
wasn't hot enough. Anyhow, when you are ready, i would love to support you
in any way possible. I know of several folks out there in the cybersphere
who regularly connect with teachers of all sorts. When you have an
invitation, and with your permission, I would love to forward it along. And
there are some other possibilities. Carry On !!!!

Harrison

Harrison Owen
7808 River Falls Drive
Potomac, MD 20854 USA