Elephantine Post-Its?

Betty Didcoct ties at ic.org
Mon Jul 3 10:01:54 PDT 2000

>hi jeff,
>not tried the big post-its, but have had good luck with some
>blue putty stuff a meeting place supplied once (when they
>wouldn't allow masking tape).  i just kneaded it up in
>little pieces and stuck it all over the big wall.  looked
>kind of cool and worked just fine.  sorry can't tell you the
>brand.  good luck, michael

Any of the office supply chains have Tack'n Stik (blue) or UHU HOldit
(white) removeable adhesive. Sometimes it leave a bit of a residue on the
wall, but if you roll a wad of it over the residue, it picks it up. Also I
have lifted a bit of paint off walls when the paint is low quality (rare).

Even though it is reusable, I find it can get dry if it sits unused for a
week or three between one meeting and the next. I buy new for almost every
meeting.

Also I have used the blue painter's masking tape which doesn't hold much
weight, but works fine for flip chart size paper and smaller.

Another option -- I get large pieces of nylon (ripstop is best) and spray
one side with 3M Spray Mount (works better than Photo Mount) with two
coats. Best to spray outside, as it is hard on lungs (but dispersed quickly
through an open window if you need to do it inside) Then the whole piece is
one big post-it and you can stick all sizes of paper on it, rearrange very
easily, etc. Works great for OS agendas and makes changes easy in
MarketPlace.

The nylon costs a bit in the beginning, but is reusable for many times,
unlike the expensive large post it sheets.

-Betty

 Betty Didcoct              TIES Consulting
   betty at ic.org               Building TIES between people to
   phone:   208-682-3550      facilitate better meetings &
   fax:     603-687-4698      healthier organizations