Convergence Design

Michael M Pannwitz mmpanne at snafu.de
Tue Jan 25 15:08:13 PST 2000

Dear Peggy,
as I was reading through your
two designs for
convergence and your comments on
the group of the 18 facilitators I thought, well,
first of all, I would ask this great group of
folks with loads of insights and experiences and stakes in this
project to work on a
convergence design specifically for this process. My hunch is that
they
would come up with the most fabulous design.
And save you a bit of work (this is from a really lazy fellow)
But since you wanted my comments, here
my first 3 reactions to the design:
---too complex, less would be more
---my experience  is that especially in convergence I
have to become even more invisible if the goal is
independent action after the open space
---the less structure, the less guidance, the more chance for
plans to emerge that will actually be acted on
All the best for the great project you are so deeply involved in
I can sense your excitement all the way to Berlin
hugs
michael

On Tue, 25 Jan 2000 12:27:54 -0800, Peg Holman wrote:

>As I mentioned about a month ago, I'm working with the Washington State Arts
>Commission to develop a strategic plan using a series of Open Spaces.  I'm
>starting to design the convergence day (Mar. 11) and would like your
>reactions to two possible approaches.  I'll provide some background on
>what's happened so far then describe the 2 designs I'm considering.  Your
>reactions would be most appreciated!
>
>Peg Holman

Michael M Pannwitz
Draisweg 1
12209 Berlin, Germany
FON: +49 - 30-772 8000   FAX: +49 - 30-773 92 464
www.michaelMpannwitz.de
www.we-open-spaces.de