Fw: Seeking counsel on presenting OS to a group

Harrison Owen owenhh at mindspring.com
Mon Jan 24 13:49:35 PST 2000

At 12:02 PM 1/24/00 -0800, you wrote:
>I got this request from a colleague  - Susan Partnow and suspect that there
>are some people who have dealt with the sort of situation she is facing.
>Any advice would be appreciated!
>
>Peg Holman

*******************
Short answer YES!

If they are interested in experiencing Open Space take the time (I would say at
least a day) to do it -- and also get something useful done. If what they want
to do is hear about it -- show the (USWEST) video with a brief introduction,
and take any questions. There will be a bunch. And they will actually get
something out of the experience. The approach suggested by the "coordinator" is
(in my judgement) a one way ticket to frustration at best, and maybe disaster.
Don't do it.

Harrison

Harrison Owen
7808 River Falls Drive