Laptop free OST?

Fr Brian S Bainbridge briansb at mira.net
Thu Feb 24 20:20:04 PST 2000

Dear Chris Corrigan (and whoever)
I've often used hand-written reports, using a standard form which then
becomes the content of the full report participants take home with them.

I always have prepared - prior to the event - a Cover with the topic,
place, date, organisation name, and a participant's name on that cover.
That way one knows who to send left-behind copies to (people who may
have had to leave early to get a plane, etc) or ask others to take that
person's copy with them if they will see them the next day.  So far,
I've never had to post out copies of the proceedings.
Always, I have my laptop with me anyway - to adjust the list of
participants/authors and to develop an index of the material in the
document as it happens.  I also usually make a list of all the topics
put on the wall and then sort them into topics considered and then a
list of "other topics", so as to keep a sense of the material that has
been considered and how other ideas may relate in due course.
If there is time, I try also to make sure the voting at the convergence
is shown on the index list - but sometimes, I simply invite people add
that data to their copy once they receive same at the end of the event.
Most do just that.
If there has been study of the "ways forward" after that convergence
voting, then they know those things anyway, but we try to give them a
copy of the plan that emerges.  Immediately is best, but sometime that
happens electronically or by snail-mail.
"Whatever happens.............."
Cheers and blessings,    Fr BRIAN S. BAINBRIDGE