One More Thing Not to Do

Andrew Donovan adonovan at mpx.com.au
Mon Feb 21 21:10:31 PST 2000

Dear Friends

I've just been catching up on my reading of the list after having been away
holding space for a two day staff OS gathering of my biggest client and
thought a conversation I had there might be of interest in the context of
recent discussions.

Someone asksed how I measure my success in open space. I said that I feel I
have been most successful when in the closing circle there is not one
comment about me; when people all comment on what they have done and how
the process has worked for them. I know that I have failed to hold the
space as openly as I could when there is lots of praise for me and my
abilities. And of course there are lots of points in between.

Does anyone have any other external indicators of what it means to be
holding space authentically for them?

Warmest wishes

Andrew

Andrew Donovan