Assistance with first OS meeting

biver nbiver at mailhost.tcs.tulane.edu
Thu Feb 10 08:39:40 PST 2000

I am in the process of organizing my first open space event.  It's at
Tulane University and the dialogue is focused on working together to
provide resources to youth (it's the America's Promise initiative, if
anyone is familiar with that).

When we mention open space or even just describe the event, we're
finding a lot of resistence.  People want to know the plan, the agenda,
what's going to happen.  They want an explanation.

I'm looking for suggestions for the best way to address people's
concerns.  I'm also interested in resources to help me prepare for the
facilitation process.  I've bought the book and visited the web site.  I
don't have funds to attend a training session.  What else would be
helpful?

--
Nancie T. Biver
National Service Fellow
nbiver at mailhost.tcs.tulane.edu
www.tulane.edu/~amerprom
504-862-8000 x1538
New Orleans, LA

"There are those who see the world as it is and ask, Why?  And there are
those who see the world as it could be and ask, Why not?"  -George
Bernard Shaw