Technology Support for OS

Patrick McAuley patrick.mcauley at sympatico.ca
Sat Feb 5 19:57:41 PST 2000

A few people have responded to my request for information about supporting OS events with technology.  Harrison Owen responded outside the list (since that's how I originally asked him) and I wanted to share his response with the rest of you here on the OSlist.  The following is my reply to him, which contains his response.

Patrick McAuley
Thanks for the pointers, Harrison.   Especially the obvious one to the User's Guide -- duh!!

As I explained in my original note, time is short.  It sounds like we should keep KISS in mind or we may get mired in technology that we can't manage in the time available and never accomplish what we really want.  I will follow up with the Caucus option for later use, however, since the immediate opportunity here in Canada may point to a more global opportunity where multiple locations could be a real advantage -- and we will have the time to investigate properly.

Patrick