openspaceworld.org - translations!!!

Artur F. Silva artsilva at mail.eunet.pt
Thu Dec 14 14:27:19 PST 2000

Hello Michael and all:

At 15:09 14-12-2000 -0600, Michael Herman wrote:

>(...) the latest additions to
>http://www.openspaceworld.org !!!
>
>we now have swedish, portuguese, german AND more french pages on the
>worldwide site, in addition to english.

and thank you, Michael, for the final arts. It was a wonderful Christmas
present to have a multi-lingual Open Space site!

>if we can get german, french and portuguese translations of the main
>welcome page, to go with the english and swedish versions already done,
>then we could welcome people in many languages, with the main homepage
>being only a choice of languages, rather than leading with english as a
>default.
>

>is anyone willing to translate the little bit of english text on the
>homepage into french, german, spanish, and/or portuguese (as ingrid has
>done with swedish)?????

Ok, I will send you ASAP a Portuguese version, and Veronique will send
you a French version.

>also, are any spanish speakers able to do the "what is openspace" page?

I don't know if there are any Spanish speaking people on the list. If not,
the offer
I have made sometime ago to arrange someone to translate it is still in place.
In fact, I already made contacts with a friend from Spain and I had another
offer from a Spanish speaking South American consultant to translate the Intro
(and the welcome page).

If there is any Spanish speaker on the list that prefers to do those
translations
please let me know, so that I can cancel the other efforts.

Regards

Artur