OS for House Service in Siberia

Joelle Lyons Everett JLEShelton at aol.com
Fri Dec 8 15:56:24 PST 2000

Dear Elena,

Thanks for your letter about the OS for House Service.  As I read it, I could
feel your frustration.  But you stood firm on some important points:  people
should decide for themselves what issues to work on, participants should
write and announce their own topics.  So, they have some experience working
for themselves on some smaller issues, and maybe next time they will be more
bold.  At least, they are learning what it might be like to take more
responsibility.

It is a great challenge to teach democratic procedures where people have no
experience of having responsibility or authority in many areas of their
lives.  I think that as a teacher and facilitator, you have a strong spirit,
a good warrior energy, that allows you to go on with what you feel is
important even when there are objections and obstacles.  So, fill those cold
winter days with your energy!!  I will be thinking of you.

All my good wishes,

Joelle Everett