self organizing systems

Birgitt Williams birgitt at mindspring.com
Mon Dec 4 18:40:13 PST 2000

Dear friends and colleagues in OST,
I have struggled and struggled with this notion of self organizing systems,
including in conversations on and off of this list. People were patient or
not so patient with me as I struggled with what for me was an oxymoron and
what for me was a theory that was smaller than how I perceive life and
Spirit. And, all of Harrison's words notwithstanding, I couldn't figure out
how Open Space fit in.

My thanks to Robert Olander for saying the words that finally made sense to
me in my learning journey on this one: "self organizing potential of
systems". It leaves room to believe that there is also more going on. It
opens the space for me.

Birgitt