Acquantence & Reports for 2 days OS in Siberia

Elena A. Marchuk marco at mail.nsk.ru
Mon Aug 28 04:03:18 PDT 2000

Dear All,

I have some results after my short 2 hours training with representatives of
NGOs and Local Governments in Novosibirsk, Siberia at the end of June (small
report you probably saw on OSweblistsite)

so

It looks like that my proposal to provide a workshop for meeting of business
people and local government people, who visited US for their professional
exchange, with the idea to discuss

How do they use their experience? and What they can do more together?

in a form of OS was heard and it will be held in a week, so there is no
possibility to predict what will be discussed and the name is just used as
Open World (so I think we need to say more about some possible goals at the
beginning?)

and for more dinamic, and experience (people are not used to such a form at
all), I want to make presentations at the end of the first day with more
proposals for discussions on the second day.

As I think people need to hear each other!

don't know once (before closing session) or twice - for practice and hearing
each other and learn more for the second day?

So I will have 2 days now!

also 2 more questions:

1/ If people are not acquanted, will the process of acquantence, even short
one change the atmosphere?

is it better with the process of acquaintance or without? there will be some
45 people.

and

2/ As we are still not used to read reports at the end and I would like to
make presentations, is it better to make it at the first day and then at the
second - the rest, or at the end - before closing session? How do you think?

in a processes of training people, I think that is a good start for showing
people that EVERYBODY  CAN SPEAK, so it is not just presentation, and not
autoritarian one, people are still not used to interactive methods, and if
there are new ones, they have to be envolved very carefull but still like
fact-looking procedure...

What about OS?

I'm acquiped now with video! Harrison - thank you!

Still have more and more questions

Thank you to all

elena marchuk, ph.d., director of the regional development center "ceres".
Novosibirsk (geographical center of Russia)