Terminology and the universe

Birgitt Williams birgitt at mindspring.com
Sun Aug 20 09:53:55 PDT 2000

Ralph,
I am not defending a word--and I wish it were something other than
"technology". "Spagetti" is a bit too sticky (at least the way I cook
t:-( and a word like soup or casserole might just suit this meeting process
better, hmm Open Space Casserole. Hot and heavy or light and fluffy. It has
potential. However, unfortunately, the name given by Harrison in his book is
"Open Space Technology". Even Harrison has a disclaimer about it.

However, I do like to bring attention to what we are really doing here so
that we can wrestle with the notion that Open Space exists with or without
us. Within that large and beautiful Open Space, we have the privilege of
bringing attention to what is already present: nutrient ground for our
spirits to flourish, experience joy, and evolve and create. We bring
attention to what is already present when a group comes together using the
gift of Open Space Technology. And we have the privilege of bringing
attention to what is already present as the natural way of organizations
when we assist in the evolution (or maybe devolution) to an Open Space
Organization. Both are windows into All that is.

Blessings,
Birgitt

Birgitt Williams
Make Genuine Contact!
Dalar Associates: organizational
effectiveness consultants

Striving for Success? Ready to exceed
your expectations?

Contact us for consulting services, training,
conference and meeting facilitation,
and keynote speaking.

www.openspacetechnology.com <http://www.openspacetechnology.com>