whole system

Michael M Pannwitz mmpanne at snafu.de
Fri Apr 14 09:18:28 PDT 2000

I have seen it several times. Of course, it is not possible in the
situation where the whole system is in one room. But I have seen
groups leave the one large room and look for another place. The other
place would be somewhere where the group could accomodate smokers (no
smoking in the large room), outside for a walk or a room with a door
that would either stay open or close. When there are spaces set up in
addition to the large room people react the same way and there again,
occasionally people will close the door.
So you make sense out of this if you like. Someone once suggested
there is a cultural reason for all this noting this would happen less
in the USA , for instance (things like closing the door or people
rarely taking on the bumblebee role or using the One Law.).
What I do suspect is that people tend to do what seems right for
them.

I have yet to see break out session close the door of their rooms.  I
don't give that specific instruction, it just never happens.

Greetings from Berlin
michael

Michael M Pannwitz
Draisweg 1
12209 Berlin, Germany
FON +49 - 30-772 8000     FAX +49 - 30-773 92 464
www.michaelMpannwitz.de

To subscribe to the oslist, send the following message (and nothing but the message):
"SUBSCRIBE OSLIST" to listserv at listserv.boisestate.edu
SUBJECT field should be left BLANK