More on The Law

Ralph Copleman ralph at earthdreams.net
Mon Apr 10 14:17:42 PDT 2000

Hi,

Funny things happen on the road to certainty.

Over this past weekend, I was in some open space.  I've been opening the
damn stuff a lot lately, but being IN it, now that's a rarer treat for me.
It was a one-and-a-half day gig, and the facilitator, to my great delight,
was Birgitt Williams.  And the brief tale I want to tell goes like this...

Birgitt was doing her thing at the start, opening the space, and she came to
the part about the Law of ­ what?  I expected her to say "Law of Mobility",
but she said "Law of Two Feet", turning as she said it, to give me this big,
semi-conspiratorial smile.  I winked back in acknowledgement.  There was no
one in the room of about 80 or so who was using a wheelchair, no one to be
offended by the absence of reference to the "otherwise abled" etc..  Birgitt
went on to explain how the Law works, etc. and as she then turned her
attention to the next aspect of things, the woman next to me, a stranger,
whispered to me, "I guess it's too bad for amputees."  She was making a tiny
joke at the expense of open space, no harm done.  But I was surprised that
someone had chosen to comment on the issue.

I guess people notice what you say.

Best bit in the opening was Birgitt's explanation of the obverse side of
"When it's over, it's over."  She said that if your formal time period is
coming to an end, and you find you're only about five minutes away from
producing world peace, please DON'T STOP.

(I suppose we all handle these opening chores a little differently, and I
find lately I digress from my "script" more and more and treat the time as a
bit of open-space-within-structure.  I say different things; I move
differently...  I have this notion that the whole opening can be done solely
and completely with gestures.  Thought I might try that sometime, although I
don't know why.  Sure would be a switch for a guy who loves the sound of his
own voice.)

Birgitt was absolutely on top of her game, of course.  She can open space
around me any time, any where she wants.

--
Ralph Copleman
http://www.earthdreams.net

>From  Tue Apr 11 00:18:45 2000
its only certainty, which makes real things happen,
isn´t it.
love
florian