OS as a format for Focus Groups?

Murli Nagasundaram rismurli at cobfac.boisestate.edu
Fri Apr 7 08:27:43 PDT 2000

Have peopled ever used OS as a format for running focus groups?

I work for a company that sells English language learning products in
Taiwan, Hong Kong and Japan.  Once people purchase the product, they also
join a club where they can attend activities where they use the English
they are learning.  We are looking to make some changes to our incentive
program for using services (a little like frequent flyer programs) and
would like to get some feedback from the customers (our Members).

I am thinking of sending out an invitation to all the customers in the area
of our office, and running an OS around the theme of, "Effective ways to
motivate and reward members to improve English."

The ideas they generate would become part of the data for a two and a half
day OS that we'll be having with are sales and service people two weeks
following.

To the best of your knowlege has OS ever been used for this kind focus
group work, and if so, has it been effective?

Thanks,

Jimbo