Self-organizing systems

Bryan Kidd bryan at hyteam.com.au
Mon Sep 6 17:07:03 PDT 1999

Having thought long and hard about what Michael has written, and also about
some work I have been doing with large groups (60-80), I wonder about the
idea of the 'inviting organisation'.  My initial question was inviting to
what.  If the invitation is to DO and BE, then perhaps the primary step is
explore self in order to work with what we do and be.  This set me thinking
that perhaps the successor to learning organisations is the 'identity
organisation', where we get to discover who we are, and what value we bring
to our organisations.

I feel comfortable with this concept, as it addresses the process of
becoming inspirited.  Perhaps you (anyone on the list) have some other
thoughts on this.

Cheers

Bryan.

"For self is a sea boundless and measureless" - Kahlil Gibran

Bryan Kidd
HyPerformance Team Works
Melbourne Australia
bryan at hyteam.com.au