Is this still open-space- or what?

Mag. Erich Kolenaty e.kolenaty at train.at
Mon Sep 20 14:00:18 PDT 1999

Hi list,

my name is Erich Kolenaty, I live and work in Austria (there are no cangoroohs in Austria) as a consultant and LGI' facilitator. I was joining the list so far as a reading member, but now I would like to ask for your experiences:

The background situation:
Imagine a european city (Vienna in Austria). A peaceful country, but the war is nearby (Bosnia, Kosovo), less than 1000km apart. It turns out the difficult question how to keep in a peaceful way and how to support while war with and without weapons at the same time.

In Vienna a NPO was running a weekly programme "bridges to peace" from June up to now in a park right at the city center with different kinds of discussions, presentations, workshops, music performances etc. to find different points of views, to keeps things in awareness, to find maybe solutions.  Now in September the weather it is getting ugly over here, anyway too cold to maintain an open-air thing. So they will change inside and have their closing event next week. And this will include an 2-hours OS to approach the question

An collegue of mine will accompany the OS and invited me to join. And I know very well, this is not an OS like we all use to do it.

So there are two important questions I would like you to share with me:

1. OS on open air right in between the public: though there might me a lot of every weeks costumers, we will not have a common setting with regular participants etc. Let's say the humbles and the bees are the standard population.What are the special effect of an OS on open air in an evening session like this?
2. It is a micro-OS with only one working-round. Does this make sense? How do you operate the beginning in that case? And whats about the reports ?

Does anyone of you have experiences with this kinds of setting?Or better leave that all? Is this still open-space- or what?

my best greetings from Vienna

Erich Kolenaty

Mag. Erich Kolenaty
TRAIN Management Trainings- und